IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH HEREIN PLEASE DO NOT USE SPEAKAPP.
We recognize that privacy is important. This policy applies to all of the services, information, tools, features and functionality available on SpeakApp offered by the Company or its subsidiaries or affiliated companies and covers how PII that the Company collects and receives, including in respect of any use of SpeakApp, is treated. If you have any questions about this policy, please feel free to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Information We Collect and How We Use It. In order to provide and improve SpeakApp, we may collect PII, including the following types of information:
- Information You Provide. For registration purposes and some of the features of SpeakApp we ask you for personal information, including: name, photo, phone number and mobile contacts list.
- Third Parties. We sometimes supplement the information that you provide with information that is received from third parties. For example, when other users use SpeakApp, they may provide your phone number from their mobile address book, or they may send you a message, send messages to groups to which you belong. We also use third party services in order to personalize SpeakApp by analyzing your PII, including your name. If you interact with any social media or other third party plug-in in SpeakApp (such as a "share" on Facebook) we may receive information from the respective platforms, including account information such as your photo and any information defined as public pursuant to the policies of such third party platform and/your settings therein.
- User Communications. When you send emails or other communications to the Company, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve SpeakApp. We may send you push notifications and messages regarding news and updates in respect of SpeakApp. We may also send you newsletters and promotional communications, you may opt-out of this service at any time by submitting a request via e-mail to: email@example.com. If you interact with contacts that are not registered to SpeakApp an invitation to subscribe to SpeakApp will be sent by you to these contacts ("Your Invites"). Your Invites may be sent by an SMS, email or other means from your device and/or through our servers. Regardless of the means of communication, you have sole responsibility for Your Invites, including without limitation, to ensure that each recipient agreed to receive the invitation in accordance with applicable laws.
- User Information. When you use SpeakApp, we may automatically receive and record information from your device and browser, including phone numbers and contacts in your device address book, your "most favorable" contacts, information and statistics about your online/offline status, your IP address, cookie information, search history, device ID, your regional and language settings, the physical location of your device (if you have permitted your mobile or other location-aware device to transmit location data) and software and hardware attributes. We may use your location (city) (if you have permitted your mobile or other location-aware device to transmit location data) to learn how to adjust and personalize your use of SpeakApp. Our systems may automatically record and store technical information regarding the method and nature of your use of SpeakApp, including without limitation which pages of SpeakApp our visitors view and what content they used. An IP address is a numeric code that identifies your device on a network, or in this case, the Internet. Your IP address is also used to gather broad demographic information. The Company uses all of the PII that we collect to understand the usage trends and preferences of our users.
- Aggregate and Analytical Data. In an ongoing effort to better understand and serve the customers of SpeakApp, we often conducts research on its customer demographics, interests and behavior based on the PII and other information provided to us. This research may be compiled and analyzed on an aggregate basis, and we may share this aggregate data with its affiliates, agents and business partners. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe SpeakApp to current and prospective business partners, and to other third parties for other lawful purposes. We also use aggregate data for monetization.
- Cookies. In order to store your credentials when you contact us, speed up the loading process of the website, and collect the data described herein we may use temporary cookies that remain on your device for a limited period of time. We may also use persistent cookies that remain on your device until the Company's application is removed or your browser is cleaned (as the case may be), in order to manage and maintain SpeakApp and record your use of SpeakApp. We may also use third party cookies. Cookies by themselves cannot be used to discover the identity of the user. A cookie is a small piece of information which is sent to and stored on your device. Cookies do not damage your device. Most browsers or devices may allow you to block cookies but you may not be able to use some features on SpeakApp if you block them. You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie (this enables you to decide if you want to accept it or not). We may also use web beacons via SpeakApp to collect information. Web beacons or "gifs", are electronic images that may be used in SpeakApp or in our emails. We use Web beacons to deliver cookies, count visits and to tell if an email has been opened and acted upon.
- Links. Links to other services, sites and applications may be provided by the Company as a convenience to our users. The Company is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other sites and applications and you visit them at your own risk. This privacy statement applies solely to PII collected by us.
- Children. If you are a child under the age of 18 you must obtain parental consent prior to using SpeakApp. The Company will not knowingly contact or engage with children under the age of 18 without said parental consent. If you have reason to believe that a child has provided us with their PII, please contact us at the address given above and we will endeavor to delete that PII from our databases.
- Information Sharing. Please note that any information that you send users, share or export to third party platforms or groups, including without limitation photos and videos, will be accessible by third parties. Any such activity is at your own risk. As part of providing SpeakApp our affiliates, agents and representatives may have access to your PII. The Company may also share PII in the following circumstances: (a) as required for the provision, maintenance and improvement of SpeakApp; (b) if we become involved in a reorganization, merger, consolidation, acquisition, or any form of sale of some or all of our assets; and/or (c) to satisfy applicable law or prevention of fraud or harm or to enforce applicable agreements and/or their terms, including investigation of potential violations thereof.
- Information Security. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of PII. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your PII, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. We keep your PII only for as long as reasonably necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or to comply with any applicable legal or ethical reporting or document retention requirements.
Data Integrity, Accessing and Updating Personal Information. The Company processes PII only for the purposes for which it was collected and in accordance with this policy or any applicable service agreements. We review our data collection, storage and processing practices to ensure that we only collect, store and process the PII needed to provide or improve SpeakApp. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the PII we process is accurate, complete, and current, but we depend on our users to update or correct their PII whenever necessary. Nothing in this policy is interpreted as an obligation to store information, and we may, at our own discretion, delete or avoid from recording and storing any and all information.
Upon receipt of your written request and enough information to permit us to identify your PII, we will disclose to you the PII we hold about you. Upon your request, we will also correct, amend or delete any PII that is inaccurate. We do not charge for complying with a correction request, however, for all other requests, we may charge a small fee to cover its costs. Requests to delete PII are subject to any applicable legal and ethical reporting or document retention obligations imposed on the Company. We may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required.
Enforcement. The Company regularly reviews its compliance with this policy. Please feel free to direct any questions or concerns regarding this policy or our treatment of PII by contacting us as provided above. When we receive formal written complaints it is the Company's policy to contact the complaining user regarding his or her concerns. We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of PII that cannot be resolved between the Company and an individual.
- Consent To Processing. By providing any PII to us pursuant to this policy, all users, including, without limitation, users in the United States, Israel and member states of the European Union, fully understand and unambiguously consent to this policy and to the collection and processing of such PII abroad. The server on which SpeakApp is hosted and/or through which SpeakApp is processed may be outside the country from which you access SpeakApp and may be outside your country of residence. Some of the uses and disclosures mentioned in this policy may involve the transfer of your PII to various countries around the world that may have different levels of privacy protection than your country. By submitting your PII through SpeakApp, you consent, acknowledge, and agree that we may collect, use, transfer, and disclose your PII as described in this policy. If you do not consent to the terms of this policy, please do not use SpeakApp.
- Questions. If you have any questions about this policy or concerns about the way we process your PII, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to delete all information regarding your use of SpeakApp, please contact us at: email@example.com.
- Your California Privacy Rights and Do Not Track Notices. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers of Company who are California residents to request certain information regarding its disclosure of PII to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each year. You are also advised that Company does not respond to “Do Not Track” signals.
Last Date Updated: October 3, 2017.